Rice and ChickenFrom lohashim 5 years ago
- 3 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 4 ounces diced onion shopping list
- 12 ounces ground beef or ground lamb shopping list
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground allspice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice shopping list
- 3 chicken cubes dissolved in 3 cups hot water shopping list
- 2 tbsp. minced parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil over high heat in a heavy-bottomed pan (preferably cast-iron).
- Sauté the chicken breasts on both sides until they are golden brown.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and ground beef or ground lamb to the same hot pan.
- Cook until the onions and meat is beginning to brown, then add the garlic and cook another minute or two.
- Add the cinnamon, allspice and cayenne pepper, then sauté two minutes while stirring.
- Stir in the rice making sure that it is thoroughly mixed with the oil and spices, and then place the chicken breasts in the rice.
- Pour in the stock and cover with a tight-fitting lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake in an oven at a temperature of 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with minced parsley.
The Cooklohashim Riyadh, SA
The Rating3 people
this sounds very diffrent and iam going to try this one. it kind of sounds like something i will really enjoy. thanks for posting.maywest in Tangerine loved it
My husband and I found this recipie and thought we would try it. We weren't overly wild about it though. The cinnamon stood out quite a bit and seemed to throw it off. We are gonna try it again without the cinnamon and see if that works...MandiesMama19 in Cheyenne loved it