Whole Wheat Date BarsFrom intherain 5 years ago
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup soft margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup firm or extra firm silken tofu, well blended shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup wheat germ shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup pitted, chopped dates (I have used the crystallized dates found in bulk in most grocery stores, and reduced the amount of sugar a tiny bit) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 F, and grease & flour an 8 inch square pan.
- Cream margarine & sugar together.
- Add tofu & vanilla & beat until fluffy.
- Mix dry ingredients separately & add to wet mixture.
- Mix well.
- Stir in dates & nuts.
- Spread into pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.