Orange RollsFrom gnnoles 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup of milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup of butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 packets of active dry yeast (or equivalent in bulk/cake yeast) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of warm water shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2/3 cup of softened butter shopping list
- 1 cup of granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 teaspoons of freshly grated orange peel shopping list
How to make it
- Set eggs out to warm to room temperature.
- Warm milk slightly, add butter, sugar and salt, then cool to lukewarm
- Sprinkle yeast on warm water (approx. 110-115 degrees F).
- Add 1 1/2 cups of flour to milk mixture and beat well by hand or with an electric mixer at low speed for about one minute.
- Beat in eggs and yeast mixture.
- Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough that leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth and no longer sticky (approx.. 5 to 8 minutes).
- Place in a lightly greased bowl turning once to grease the top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled (approx. 1 hour).
- Mix the butter, sugar and grated orange peel to make the filling.
- Punch dough down and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each half into a 16 x 8 inch rectangle.
- Spread with half of the filling.
- Roll lengthwise as if for a jellyroll and seal edges.
- Cut roll into 1-inch slices.
- Place cut side down, into paper cupcake cups and cover and let rise until doubled (approx. 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
The Cookgnnoles Cleveland, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!