Pumpkin Yeast RollsFrom girlieerin 9 years ago
- pumpkin yeast rolls (Originally published in the December 1998 edition of Cooking Light magazine. I halved the recipe as outlined below.) shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin shopping list
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 package dry yeast (about 1 1/8 teaspoons) shopping list
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 3/8 cup warm fat-free milk (105° to 115°) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour, divided shopping list
- 1/8 cup stick margarine or butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 large egg (Note: Just scramble one egg in a dish and pour half into your recipe) shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the pumpkin and vanilla extract, and set aside. Dissolve yeast and sugar in milk in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 1 cup flour, pumpkin mixture, margarine, salt, vinegar, nutmeg, and egg to yeast mixture; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth. Stir in 1 cups flour to form a sticky dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover dough, and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray. Punch dough down. Divide into 12 equal pieces; shape each piece into a ball. Place 1 ball in each muffin cup. Cover and let rise 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Uncover dough; bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
- Read more about this recipe at my food blog ErinCooks.com