Red Cabbage Green Apples and Crisp BaconFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/2 pound bacon strips halved shopping list
- 1 large head red cabbage cored and shredded shopping list
- 2 large green apples cored and sliced shopping list
- 1 large white onion chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon strips until crisp then remove and reserve.
- Remove all but 4 tablespoons of the bacon fat from the pan and add the cabbage.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving sprinkle with reserved bacon.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!