Broccoli For Garlic And Almond LoversFrom divaliscious 9 years ago
- 2 crowns of fresh broccoli - make sure it's stiff, dark healthy green and crisp and not soggy and sad looking shopping list
- 2 or more cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of almonds - slithered, blanched, whatever kind you have on hand is fine. shopping list
- 3-5 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- Equipment needed: Steamer, I have a 'double boiler' type steamer which sits right inside my 3 quart pot which I find is perfect. shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse broccoli and cut up high on it's stalks. Separate little florettes and place inside steamer. Sprinkle with half of salt and all of sugar. Fill bottom part with water and place lid on pot.
- Let water come to a boil, then turn down heat on low and allow broccoli to steam over the simmering water.
- Sautee or brown/toast up almonds either in your oven or in a skillet with a little olive oil or butter. These brown quickly so don't walk away.
- After 6 minutes, check on broccoli and check for doneness - cook a little longer if you like your broccoli a little softer but still with some bite (al dente).
- Once done, turn off heat.
- In bowl, place minced garlic and add cooked broccoli.
- Save water if you want for when you make vegetable soup otherwise discard.
- Drizzle olive oil over broccoli and add additional salt if you like. Toss till well coated then sprinkle toasted almonds on top - and serve to happy and healthy eaters.
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating2 people
wow. This sounds like a great way to change up the broccoli. We get tired of the same ol' vegetable dishes! Thanks!cherublisa in Sutherlin loved it
Made with dinner last night. It's the first thing my daughter finished! We really enjoyed it. Thanks :)cherublisa in Sutherlin loved it
I tried this last night with dinner and it was wonderful! We'll definitely be making this one again. Thanks for sharing!elleenchanted in Norman loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!