Fast Spaghetti SauceFrom gramma58 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs ground sirloin shopping list
- Two jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce ie Prego, Ragu or Classico or whatever you like, the 1 quart size shopping list
- 1 quart of home canned tomatoes or large can from store equal to 1 quart shopping list
- 6 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- Tbs. of dried sweet basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Add Tomtoes and jar spaghetti sauce to pot and start to simmer
- Brown sirloin with half the chopped onion
- Drain, add to meat to sauce in pot with the rest of chopped onion
- Add olive oil to pan and add garlic and brown slightly do not burn as garlic will have a bitter taste if burnt.
- Add unburned :o ) garlic to sauce
- Add cinnamon, basil salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour or a bit longer if you want.
- I actually think spaghetti sauce no matter what the recipe calls for, tastes better the next day, all the flavors seem to blend so nicely.
The Cookgramma58 Chesterfield, MI
The Rating1 people
Wow grandma, and thought the only way to do spaghetti was pour a jar over pasta. I am going to bookmark this one. Thanks for the great recipe.ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
Made your sauce and couldn't believe how homemade it tasted. If I could I would give you another 5!!ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!