WinekrautFrom crabhappychick 5 years ago
- 1 27 ounce can sauerkraut shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 large baking potatoes, chopped (I leave the skins on) shopping list
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped shopping list
- 2 cups dry white wine shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds bratwurst links, cut into 1" pieces shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Mix sauerkraut and next 7 ingredients in large dutch oven on the stovetop. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer. Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- If desired, combine Bisquick and milk, stir together and spoon onto hot winekraut. Cook uncovered 10 minutes then cover and cook another 10 minutes.
- NOTE: To make this gluten-free, just omit the dumplings.