Crowder PeasFrom susana 8 years ago
How to make it
- Put crowder peas in large pot,; add enough water to cover 1/4-inch.
- Add bacon and a little bit salt and pepper and bring to ta boil over medium heat.
- Cover and lower heat and cook about 10 minutes.
- Taste for salt and pepper and add more if needed.
- Continue to cook the peas, uncovered, until they are tender.
- Take potato masher and smash up some of the peas while still cooking to thicken the juices.
- Serve as I described above.
- NOTE: If you're blessed to have fresh corn and cucumbers, all the better. Serve the corn with seasoned butter and marinate the cucs overnight for a nice side salad.