Grilled Cheese LoafFrom deliathecrone 6 years ago
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions with tops shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Slice a French loaf but keep all the pieces together, making slices about 1 1/2-inches thick.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter.
- Add cheese, onions and garlic salt; mix well.
- Spread the cheese mixture on BOTH sides of EACH slice of bread.
- Wrap the entire loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.); seal tightly on top and at the ends.
- Grill over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- Unwrap foil; grill 5 minutes longer to crisp the bread.