Pizza Egg RollsFrom elisabizter 7 years ago
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage shopping list
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed shopping list
- Dash pepper shopping list
- 1 block (8 ounces) mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes shopping list
- 13 egg roll wrappers shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat; cool for 20 minutes. Stir in cheese.
- Place 1/3 cup sausage mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Brush remaining corner with egg; roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°.
- Fry egg rolls in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
The Cookelisabizter Fountain Valley, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!