Navy Beans and HamFrom susana 6 years ago
- 1-lb navy beans that have been soaked in water overnight shopping list
- Andouille - 3 links - sliced in 1/4-inch medallions shopping list
- salt - start out with about 1/2-tbspn shopping list
- parsley, chopped (about 1/2 palm full) shopping list
- 1-chopped onion shopping list
- 3-pods garlic, pressed shopping list
How to make it
- Put the beans into the crockpot.
- Add the andouille, salt and chopped onion.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove lid and, with potato masher, mash up some of the beans to thicken the juices.
- Add the garlic and the parsley flakes.
- Cover and cook for 1 additional hour
- Serve over rice or cornbread