Margys Spaghetti SauceFrom bostonmargy 6 years ago
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 or 2 sweet peppers shopping list
- 2 large cans chopped tomatoes, or 1 can chopped tomatoes and 1 can tomato puree shopping list
- I medium zucchini shopping list
- 4-5 medium sized mushrooms shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- Dried oregano shopping list
- dried basil shopping list
- Dried thyme shopping list
- Dried Italian herbs shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- 1 small can tomato paste shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Chop onions, garlic and sweet peppers. Separately, chop zucchini and mushrooms.
- Add oil to a large skillet or Dutch oven. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef and brown. Put in bay leaf.
- Add onions and garlic. Stir to combine and cook a bit. Add peppers and stir. Cook until onions and peppers are wilted. Add canned tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add oregano, basil, thyme, Italian herbs, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Amounts vary. I use a lot of basil, thyme, oregano and Italian herbs (1 - 2 tbs?). I use less of the garlic powder and add salt/pepper to taste.
- Bring back to a boil. Add mushrooms and zucchini.
- Cover and cook over low heat for one and one-half hours. Serve over spaghetti, linguini or angel hair pasta.