Barbecued Pear Beet And Leek Salad With Blue Cheese DressingFrom dlpblue 6 years ago
- 2 beets, blanched briefly in boiling water, peeled and cut into 1/2” sticks shopping list
- 2 pears, just ripe, sliced into quarters lengthwise through the stem ends, core removed shopping list
- 2 leeks cleaned and trimmed. shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 bottle or can of beer shopping list
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill to medium heat (about 350°F).
- Wrap beet sticks in foil and roast on grill about 45 – 60 minutes or until tender. Set pouch aside.
- While beets are cooking combine the beer and balsamic vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Continue to simmer until liquid has reduced by about half and become syrupy. Set aside.
- Liberally oil the grill with the 2 tbsp of olive oil. Place leeks on the grill for 3 – 4 minutes turning several times. Add the pears to the grill and continue grilling leeks and pears for 3 – 4 minutes, turning both several times, until tender and lightly charred. Slice the leeks into 1 inch chunks and place with beet sticks and pear pieces in a serving bowl.
- Pour the reduced beer and balsamic dressing over and toss. Garnish with the crumbled blue cheese and serve immediately.