Fast Fish CurryFrom fergie 6 years ago
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, chopped shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp madras curry paste (I use Patak's) shopping list
- 400g can tomatoes shopping list
- 200ml vegetable stock shopping list
- cod fillet, skinned and cut into big chunks (Or any white fish that you prefer) shopping list
- rice or naan bread shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for about 5 mins until soft.
- Add the curry paste and stir-fry for 1-2 mins, then add the tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to a simmer
- Add the fish.
- Gently cook for 4-5 mins until the fish flakes easily.
- Serve immediately with rice or naan
- Like it Milder? If you prefer your food a little milder, a less spicy curry paste, such as Korma, will work as well.
- Make it mediterranean ? Pesto Fish Stew - Fry the onion and garlic until soft, then add the tomatoes and stock along with 2 tbsp red pesto. Bring to a simmer and cook the fish as beofre, throwing in a handful of torn basil leaves just before serving with crusty French bread.