Pear Sundae French ToastFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar divided shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter divided shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon divided shopping list
- 3 medium ripe pears peeled and sliced shopping list
- 3 eggs lightly beaten shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg shopping list
- 6 slices French bread 1" thick shopping list
- ice cream shopping list
How to make it
- In skillet combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved then add pears and cook until tender.
- In bowl combine eggs, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, remaining brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip bread in egg mixture to coat each side.
- Melt remaining butter in a skillet then fry bread over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Top with ice cream and pear mixture.