Honey Soy Barbecued Flank SteakFrom mellybelly 9 years ago
- 1 large flank steak (preferably grain-fed or organic) shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions shopping list
- 2 tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- 2 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tbsp wasabi paste (optional) shopping list
- 1 tbsp minced ginger (optional) shopping list
- cracked black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly score a cross-hatch pattern into both sides of the flank steak
- In bowl whisk together remaining ingredients. Place steak in large ziploc freezer bag.
- Pour marinade into ziploc bag with steak and refrigerate. Marinate as long as time allows, preferably at least 3 hours to overnight.
- Remove marinating steak from marinade and pour marinade into small pot on stove. Bring marinade to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes to fully kill any bacteria from the raw meat, remove from heat.
- Clean grill with brush and then lightly oil grate. Place flank steak on the hot grill and cook 4-6 minutes per side for medium rare. Rotating steak 90 degrees half-way through cooking each side to get those lovely cross-hatches.
- Transfer steak to a cutting-board and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. Cut the steak into thin angled slices against the grain. Transfer steak to a platter and pour the reheated marinade over top. Serve and enjoy!