Roasted Chicken With Lemon CurdFrom jovi_nutt 7 years ago
- 1 (3 1/2 pound) chicken shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped fesh rosemary shopping list
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon curd shopping list
- 3 large lemons, halved shopping list
- Fresh rosemary sprigs ( optional) shopping list
- lemon curd shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon rind shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice ( about 3 large lemons) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter or stick margarine shopping list
How to make it
- LEMON CURD
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Cook until sugar dissolves and mixture is light in color ( about 3 minutes). Stir in lemon juice and butter; cook for 5 minutes or until mixture thinly coates the back of a spoon, stirring constantly with a whisk, cool. Cover and chill ( mixture will thicken as it cools).
- Preheat oven to 450
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse chicken with cold water, pat dry. Trim excess fat. Starting at neck cavity loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
- Combine the rosemary and the next 4 ingredients ( rosemary through garlic) Rub mixture under loosened skin, and rub over breat and drumsticks. Lift wing tips up and over back, tuck under chicken.
- Place the chicken, breast side up on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Peirce the skin several times with a meat fork. Insert a meat thermometer into the meaty part of thigh, amking sure not to touch bone, brush chicken with Lemon Curd. Arrange lemons around chicken. Bake at 450 for 30 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 ( do not remove chicken from oven), abke for an additonal 1 hour or until thermometer registers 180. ( Cover chicken loosley with foil if it gets brown). Remove the chicken from the oven. Cover the chicken loosley with foil, and let it stand for 10 minutes. Disgard skin. Serve with lemon halves, garnish with rosemary if desired.
The Cookjovi_nutt Newtown, PA
The Rating4 people
This looks lovely, will bookmark for later. Thanks. Never would have thought to combine lemon curd with a meat, clever.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
This sounds very interesting. I love lemon curd and have never thought of using it in a savory dish. Saved it and you have my 5!grandmommy in Nashville loved it
Lip smackin good!linebb956 in La Feria loved it