Besh - Buster Crab Lettuce And Tomato SandwichFrom deliathecrone 6 years ago
- 1 cup canola oil shopping list
- 4 buster crabs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 2 cups red, yellow, and green grape tomatoes, peeled shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon 25-year-old balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon minced chives, plus 1 teaspoon chopped chives for garnish shopping list
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 slices brioche, toasted shopping list
- 4 teaspoons aioli shopping list
- 1 tablespoon micro greens, or any lettuce sprout shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chive oil, for garnish, optional shopping list
- 1 tablespoon beet juice, for garnish, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saute pan, heat the canola oil over a medium-high flame.
- Season the buster crabs with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and combine with the cornmeal in a shallow dish or large bowl.
- Toss crabs in the mixture to coat.
- Carefully place the crabs into the hot oil and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, season the tomatoes with salt, pepper, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon chives, and olive oil.
- Place the tomatoes over the toasted brioche croutons and place on a serving plate.
- Place drained crabs over the tomatoes and top each of them with a dollop of aioli.
- Place micro greens or any lettuce sprout on top of aioli.
- To serve, garnish plate with additional chopped chives, chive oil, and beet juice, if desired.