Planked Lake Superior WhitefishFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 4 pound whitefish shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 1 quart mashed potatoes shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 lemon sliced shopping list
- parsley shopping list
- chives shopping list
How to make it
- Order the fish scaled boned and split down the back.
- Wash and dry fish thoroughly then rub with salt, paprika and pepper.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons oil then place skin side down on preheated greased wooden oak plank.
- Make sauce by combining 2 tablespoons cooking oil, lemon juice and Tabasco.
- Bake in 450 oven for 30 minutes basting 3 times with sauce.
- Garnish platter with a border of hot mashed potatoes brushed with beaten egg.
- Return to oven to brown then serve garnished with lemon slices, parsley and chives.