Horseradish-and-Herb-Crusted Beef Rib RoastFrom deliathecrone 6 years ago
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 head of garlic, cloves coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup prepared horseradish shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped thyme shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped rosemary shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped sage shopping list
- One 16-pound rib roast of beef shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- In a food processor, combine the butter with the garlic, horseradish, thyme, rosemary and sage and process to a paste.
- Stand the roast in a very large roasting pan.
- Season generously all over with salt and pepper and set it fatty side up.
- Spread the horseradish-herb butter all over the top.
- Bake for about 3 ½ hours, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 125° for medium rare.
- Transfer the roast to a carving board to rest for at least 20 minutes or for up to 1 hour before serving.
- MAKE AHEAD
- The horseradish-herb butter can be refrigerated overnight.
- Let the butter soften before using.