Braised Veal Shanks with Tomato SauceFrom inmaculada 6 years ago
- 4 veal shanks, 1 and 1/2-inch-thick each shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cayenne (can skip) shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves, laminated shopping list
- 1 cup good red wine shopping list
- 1 28-ounce can whole plum tomatoes with juice, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp rosemary and thyme, mixed shopping list
- Splash of Extra Virgin spanish olive Oil (about ¼ cup) shopping list
How to make it
- Pat shanks dry and season with salt and pepper. Tie each piece with kitchen string so meat does not separate from the bone when cooking.
- Arrange shanks in 1 layer in a baking pan and add remaining ingredients on top of the meat.
- Tightly seal baking pan with 2 layer of aluminium foil, so the sauce does not evaporate while baking. Check after 1 hour, turn the meat to the other side and spoon the sauce on top. Cover again and braise until very tender, about 1 hour more.
- Remove strings from the shanks and discard. Serve very hot, spooning sauce on top of the meat. Mashed potatoes are a good companion for this dish.
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating1 people
I cannot afford veal over here but I love it and thanks for a great great recipe. JMmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Comfort Foods769 members
Mediterannean Cuisine135 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Spanish And Hispanic Food141 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Anything Goes286 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Frugal Pantry Cookers184 members
Companys Coming114 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members