Ice Cream Pizza Cookie For KidsFrom dariana 10 years ago
- cookie Ingredients: shopping list
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ice cream Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened shopping list
- Toppings Ingredients: shopping list
- fudge sauce, strawberry sauce, candy-coated chocolate pieces, gummi worms, coarsely chopped chocolate sandwich cookies, decorator sprinkles and/or peanuts, as desired shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. Combine brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Beat until well mixed. Spread dough evenly into ungreased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Spread ice cream evenly over cooled cookie. Freeze until firm (1 to 2 hours). To serve, cut into wedges; top with desired toppings.
- TIP: This recipe is a fun way to share baking skills with kids. Mix up the cookie dough and have them help spread it into the pan. After baking and cooling they can help smooth the ice cream on the cookie before adding their own combination of toppings to the “pizza”.