White Bean SoupFrom floydc 6 years ago
- 3 to 4 strips of bacon shopping list
- 1 chopped onion shopping list
- 1 chopped shallot shopping list
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- 1 green or red bell pepper chopped into small pieces shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of oregano shopping list
- dash of salt, dash of pepper shopping list
- 2 cans of white beans drained shopping list
- 1 can of whole corn drained shopping list
- 1 can of beef broth shopping list
- 1 can of evaporated milk shopping list
- crumbled feta cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cut bacon strips into half inch pieces
- In a large pot fry bacon until it begins to brown.
- Add onion, shallot, bell pepper, garlic, salt and pepper.
- While the veggies are sauteing, in a blender puree one can of white beans and half a can of corn, use a little olive oil to help with process if needed.
- Reserve remaining corn.
- Once the onions begin to brown add beef broth.
- Add bean/corn puree, evaporated milk, second can of drained white beans and the remaining corn.
- Add oregano.
- Add milk to thin if desired.
- Let soup simmer for about 20 mins
- Ladle into bowls, crumble feta on top and serve.