Mushroom Marinara CalzoneFrom deliathecrone 6 years ago
- Note: Prep time does not include dough thawing or rising times. shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 onion, diced shopping list
- 8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms (or whatever kind you can get) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- Calzone bread dough, prepared and risen - OR - 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed and risen and combined shopping list
- 3-4 tablespoons of a basic marinara sauce (you can use bottled) shopping list
- 4 ounces sliced Italian Provolone, or provolone-style soy cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and seasoning, cooking until soft. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350-degrees F.
- Take the risen (and combined, if using frozen) dough, and punch it down.
- Roll it out to a 10 by 14-inch square.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture down the center of the dough.
- Add the marinara sauce and top with provolone slices.
- Fold over one side of the dough to cover the filling, and repeat with the opposite side, folding it over like a blanket.
- Turn in and pinch the ends to seal.
- Place on an oiled baking sheet and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a nice, golden brown.
- Let it cool to room temperature, and cut the calzone into 2-inch servings.
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!