Simply Smashing Shepherds PieFrom dariana 8 years ago
- 1 refrigerated pie crust shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (beans, carrots, corn and peas) shopping list
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves* shopping list
- 3 cups mashed potatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch pie pan. Crimp or flute edge. Set aside.
- Cook ground beef and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned (9 to 11 minutes). Drain off fat. Stir in vegetables, soup and thyme leaves; continue cooking until heated through (3 to 5 minutes).
- Spoon meat mixture into pie crust. Spoon mashed potatoes over meat mixture. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and pie is heated through.
- *Substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves.
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating3 people
This is good. I made it tonight... will be making in the future. I added paprika and a bit of seasoning salt on the top of the pie and used worcestershire in the meat... very good recipe!lil_coop in Wauseon loved it
This was a very enjoyable meal on a nasty evening. I, too, zipped up the potatoes a bit and sprinkled some cheese on top. Total comfort food and that is a good thing.borinda in SoCal loved it