Fried Apples And OnionsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
How to make it
- Fry bacon slices in skillet until brown and crisp then set aside on a warm serving platter.
- While meat is frying peel onions leaving stems to hold for slicing.
- Slice onions as thin as possible and discard stems.
- Core apples and cut crosswise in circles about 1/4" thick.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet then add onion slices.
- Cook over medium high heat about 3 minutes.
- Cover with apple slices in an even layer then sprinkle brown sugar over all.
- Cover skillet and cook until tender about 5 minutes.
- Stir to prevent scorching.
- Remove to warm plate with bacon slices.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!