Fresh Easy BruschettaFrom marky90 6 years ago
- 1 (32-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained . shopping list
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves. shopping list
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled. shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper . shopping list
- 2 French baquettes, sliced 1-inch thick (about 36 slices) shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 .
- In the bowl of a food processor, add drained tomatoes, 1 cup basil leaves, olive oil and 2 cloves garlic. Pulse until smooth, but somewhat chunky. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a baking sheet, line up baguette slices. Toast in oven for about 3 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Working quickly, rub the remaining garlic cloves on the toasted side of each slice and then lay a piece of mozzarella cheese on top. Place bread back in oven and melt cheese slightly, about 45 seconds.
- Remove from oven and spread one tablespoon of the tomato mixture on each piece.
- Serve , and enjoy
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating3 people
This is a nice recipe and the thing is that in the winter time when I still enjoy good tomatoes they are never as good as in the summer. Greenhouse tomatoes raised inside do NOT have the flavor component needed. The thing about can tomatoes, if you b...morejencathen in loved it
orgasmic bliss thanks for the recipeThiLamfoodgod in loved it