Grilled Caesar SaladFrom hollymayb 6 years ago
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, sliced in half lengthwise, ends only slightly trimmed shopping list
- 2 T your favourite olive oil (I like to use a garlic enfused oil) shopping list
- 4 T your favourite Caesar dressing, or homemade, (I use Renee's) shopping list
- 2 T capers shopping list
- freshly craked black pepper, freshly grated parmesan cheese (please, not the stuff out of a shaker!), and real bacon bits to top. shopping list
How to make it
- Light your grill and turn to med-high heat (my grill is a propane one, I have no idea what you'd do with a hibachi).
- Take your lettuce heart halves and brush generously with oil.
- Mix the capers in with the salad dressing.
- With tongs, place the lettuce halves cut side down, on a well oiled, hot grill. Do not move (the lettuce- you can move all you like) Grill for about 30 seconds, or until the edges are just a little charred. Flip.
- Grill other side for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to individual plates, artfully dollop salad dressing and sprinkle toppings and serve immediately.
- **Note: you might wish to remove the tough end of the heart prior to serving, but be sure to leave it on for the grilling- it's what keeps it all together. I like the presentation better when it's whole, but suit yourself.