Suzys SpanakopitaFrom mccookcook 9 years ago
How to make it
- Mix spinach, onion, egg and feta together.
- Spray a 9x13 pan, if you prefer a more traditional spanikopita (pie like) , use a round 2 quart casserole dish.
- Begin by placing a sheet of phyllo, then spread melted butter, another sheet of phyllo more butter, and so on until you've used 1/2 the pkg. of phyllo....as you can see this is a lengthy process. It really works best if you have some one help you with this step.
- Then spread the spinach mixture over the top of the pyllo.
- Now continue with the rest of the phyllo, do exactly as you did in step 2 with the layering of the phyllo then melted butter. You will want to sort of pull the edges down around the spinach mixture.
- When you have finished, cut some slits in the top of your phyllo. If you have any butter left over, drizzle it over the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for an hour to an hour and half.
The Cookmccookcook Indianola, NE
- Not added to any groups yet!