Wild Rice With Dried Apricots And CranberriesFrom chihuahua 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided shopping list
- 1 cup apple juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 2 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 3/4 chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse wild rice in fine strainer under cold running water. Drain; set aside.
- Combine wild rice, 1 1/2 cups chicken broth and apple juice in 2-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, about 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- Drain; set aside.
- Combine white rice and remaining 1 1/2 cups broth in seperate 2-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, coverd, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in raisins, apricots and cranberries; simmer 5 minutes or until rice is tender and fluffy and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered 5 minutes or until fruit is tender; set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes until tender.
- Stir in pecans.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add wild rice and white rice mixtures to skillet.
- Stir in parsley; cook and stir over medium heat about 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with fresh thyme, orange slices and whole cranberries, if desired.