Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Almond MacaroonsFrom bostonmargy 6 years ago
- 5 large egg whites shopping list
- Pinch of cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups blanched almonds (about 12 oz, or 2 cups whole almonds) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups shredded, sweetened coconut shopping list
- Grated zest of one lemon shopping list
- 6 - 7 oz bittersweet or sweet chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Allow the egg whites to come to room temperature, then beat them with the cream of tartar until they just begin to hold a stiff shape. Add powdered sugar and almond extract and beat again until smooth. Mix in ground almonds, coconut and lemon zest. You'll have a thick, sticky batter.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop heaping teaspoons of the batter onto the parchment, nudging it into a nice shape with the tip of a spoon or your fingers.
- Bake in oven about 40 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown. Transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate. As it begins to cool, dip the macaroons into it, leaving one side plain and the other side coated with chocolate. Lay them on waxed paper to allow the chocolate to harden.
The Cookbostonmargy Arlington, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!