Chicken DhansakFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2-1/4 pound skinned chicken pieces shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1" cube ginger root peeled and chopped shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed shopping list
- 4 cardamoms shopping list
- 1 stick cinnamon broken up shopping list
- 5 red hot dried chili peppers shopping list
- 10 black peppercorns shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm water shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and dry chicken pieces and cut each in half.
- Add salt to the ginger and garlic then crush to a pulp.
- Make paste of next 10 ingredients and ginger garlic pulp by adding 6 tablespoons water.
- Pour this ground mixture over chicken and mix to coat thoroughly.
- Cover and set aside for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Melt butter over medium heat and fry chicken 8 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add water and bring to boil then cover and simmer 20 minutes stirring often.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!