Acadian Style Crab Salad on CroissantsFrom hayleesgrandma 8 years ago
- 2 (6-ounce) tubs fresh lump crab (1 pound 300 count shrimp may be substituted) shopping list
- 2 ribs celery from the heart, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped or grated with a hand grater shopping list
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup chili sauce, eyeball the amount shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Bibb or leaf lettuce, 4 leaves shopping list
- 4 large croissants, split lengthwise shopping list
How to make it
- Run your fingers through the crab meat to remove any bits of shell. In a bowl, combine the celery, onion, mayo, chili, hot sauce and Worcestershire. Add the crab meat to the bowl and mix with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste. Pile salad on lettuce leaves in croissants. Cut each croissant in thirds on angles, following the shape of the pastry. Arrange sandwiches on a plate and serve.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!