Caesar Salad Dressing EasyFrom minkey 6 years ago
- Romaine lettece cut or torn in small pieces shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1 can anchovies (about 8-9 fillets) drain shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 5-6 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 2-3 good splashes red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 T Dijon mustard shopping list
- Penzeys Freshly Ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 3-4 drops Worchester sauces shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil (about 2/3 cup) shopping list
- grated Parmesean cheese shopping list
- croutons shopping list
How to make it
- Clean and dry Romaine lettece.
- In a blender (I use a smaller chopper machine) add anchovies, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, mustard, black pepper, Worchester sauce, about half of the EVOO.
- Blend until garlic is chopped pretty well, then add more of the olive oil.
- Blend for a few minutes and then add the rest of the olive oil.
- You may want to add more EVOO if it isn't the thick consistency you would like.
- Blend this mixture for a few more minutes to be sure everything is blended to a smooth consistency.
- Put croutons in with the lettece and pour the dressing over the lettece. Do it a little at a time, because it is easier to add more...you know.
- Toss until all the leaves are coated thoroughly. Then top with parmesean cheese and serve on ice cold plates.