Frosted Chocolate Pumpkin CakeFrom cheric 5 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsps baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsps pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup solid pack canned pumpkin shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 of 12-ounce package (1 cup) Nestle Toll House Little Bits semi-sweet chocolate shopping list
- Cream Cheese Frosting: shopping list
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 T butter, softened shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- 2 T Nestle Toll House Little Bits semi-sweet chocolate shopping list
- 2 T finely chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large bowl, combine brown sugar and butter; beat until creamy. Beat in eggs and pumpkin. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with milk. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract; beat until creamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat well.
- In cup, combine 2 T chocolate chips and nuts.
- Frost cake wtih Cream Cheese Frosting. Sprinkle with Garnish. Keep frosted cake refrigerated until ready to serve.