Mexican Chicken BakeFrom debwin 9 years ago
- 3/4c short grain rice shopping list
- 300gr. red kidney beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 31/2T fresh corriander chopped shopping list
- 1T oil shopping list
- 600gr skinless chicken thighs, unrolled shopping list
- 2x200gr jars spicy taco sauce shopping list
- 2c grated cheddar shopping list
- 1/2c sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Oven 180C (350F)
- Grease a deep round casserole dish. Bring a large pot of water to boil, add rice and cook 10-12 mins. Drain
- In prepared dish combine beans and 11/2Tbsp. corriander, then add the rice and toss to mix. Lightly press the rice mixture until smooth and flat.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over med-high heat. Cook chicken until brown on each side. Add taco sauce and cook about 3 mins.
- To assemble spread half the cheese over rice. Arrange chicken thighs and sauce on top in a star shape pattern. Sprinkle with 11/2Tbsp of corriander then with remaining cheddar. Cover with foil.
- Bake 35-40 mins. Remove foil for last 5-10 mins.
- Cut into 4 servings with knife and scoop out carefully keeping layers intact. Serve with sour cream and corriander.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- nanny1291955 Douglasville, Ga.
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- tamieoldham South Central, PA
- justjakesmom Everett, WA
- auntybea Vernon, Canada
- mejnoona Everett, MA
- mizzgreeneyez2001 Brooklyn Park, MN
- crystalwaters Vancouver, CA
- tobisgirl Roseville, CA
- debwin Toronto, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔