Buttermilk PieFrom chef2 9 years ago
- buttermilk Pie shopping list
- Recipe Source: Dodd's Town House shopping list
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes shopping list
- Cook Time: 50 minutes shopping list
- Servings: 8 shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- dough for a one-crust 9-inch pie shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg Directions: shopping list
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. shopping list
How to make it
- Line a pie pan with the dough. Prick the dough with a fork and press a piece of aluminum foil snugly into the pan, covering the dough. Bake 6 minutes. Remove the foil and bake 6 minutes more, until the edges of the crust turn palel brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool.
- Mix together the sugar and flour. Beat in the eggs, then the melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and zest.
- Pour the filling into the cooled pie shell and bake at 425 degrees 10 minutes. Sprinkle top with nutmeg. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake 30 minutes more or until a knife inserted into the pie comes out clean.
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool. The center will deflate as the pie cools. Leftover pie can be refrigerated.
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating3 people
Yummers, this has to be good. I love buttermilk pie but have never made it, think I will do just that. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I have never tried buttermilk pie but have heard of it. Am anxious to taste this delicious pie!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Love buttermilk pie, and I have made it for years! People usually love it! This is a very good recipe!!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it