TaamiaFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups white broad beans soaked and cooked shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic crushed shopping list
- 1 medium white onion grated shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon water shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Pound beans or put them through a blender until they are very smooth.
- Put all remaining ingredients in except the water, flour, sesame seeds and oil.
- Mix well and leave to stand at least 15 minute but preferably an hour.
- After the mix has rested take small amounts and make round cakes about 2 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch thick.
- Add a little flour and water if they are not sticking together well.
- Let the cakes rest another 15 minutes then press a few sesame seeds on the top of each.
- Heat oil in a pan and brown the ta’amia a few minutes of each side until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with pita bread, yogurt and slices of tomato and cucumber.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!