Ice Cream Dough Rugelach PastriesFrom midgelet 9 years ago
- 2 stick cold butter ( not margarine ) shopping list
- 4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups good quality vanilla ice cream softened shopping list
- 1, 12 oz can of Solo brand cherry or raspberry pastry filling shopping list
- granulated sugar shopping list
- finely chopped nuts shopping list
- cinnamon if desired shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Cut cold butter into flour until coarse crumbs.Stir in softened ice cream to make a ( sticky ) dough.
- Form into a ball and score into 4 parts.
- Place in a plastic bag and chill several hours or overnight.
- Cut into 4 portions.
- On a sugared surface , pat out and then roll out with rolling pin to a thin circle, sprinkling sugar over/under the dough as you roll.
- Dough will be more pliable as you work with it.
- Spread the dough circle with 1/4 of the canned pastry filling. Add some sprinkles of nuts and cinnamon if desired.
- Cut dough circle into 4 sections and then each section into 3 or 4 more.
- Roll up from the wide end to the center to form a horn shape.
- Place pastries on well seasoned baking sheet
- or Silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake middle oven rack, 350F 12 to 15 minutes or pastries lightly browned on bottom.
- Carefully remove and place on cooling rack.
- When completely cold, roll in powdered sugar.
- Freezes well. Makes a few dozen.
- P.S. don't bother trying them while they are warm, . They taste totally
- different when cold and taste better with age!
- Note: Use canned pastry filling as it will not burn. Do not substitute any jam, preserves or jelly for the filling or you will have a mess in your oven.
- Yield depends on how many sections you cut.
- My experience was that I needed more filling for the entire recipe and so I used some canned raspberry pastry filling too.
- Probably other pastry fillings would be good too ( i.e apricot, poppyseed etc. )
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
Sweet Tooth448 members
Jewish Food Lovers100 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Bake Sale126 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Ice Cream You Scream19 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere50 members
Butter Is Better68 members