Idli - Steamed Sour Rice CakesFrom cholena 6 years ago
How to make it
- The lentils and rice are grounded to a paste with little water one by one
- Add salt and allow the batter to ferment overnight , until it expands to almost double its original volume.
- In the morning, add the soda and use a big spoom to scoop the idli batter into the oil -greased moulds of an idli tray for steaming.
- After 5 mins insert a toothpick to see if it comes out clean .
- Remove and serve with almost anything even honey .
The Cookcholena Food World, Sin
The Rating3 people
Thanks for sharing all your recipes homey! They're filling a huge gap in my stomach LOL I appreciate you sharing your knowledge - these recipes are not easy to get. This one's gone into my file with the others from your collection.danadooley in Singapore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!