Muffin Top Chocolate Chip SconesFrom rdh14 6 years ago
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup cold diced butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbls. vanilla shopping list
- 1 bag of chocolate chips shopping list
- melted butter shopping list
- Decorative sugar (optional, but great to look at and crunch thru) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- With a pastry blender, cut in butter to form small, coarse mixture. Lumps should resemble pea-gravel. Not all of the flour will necessarily be incorporated.
- Once blended, stir in sugar.
- Mix buttermilk, eggs and vanilla together well and pour into center of flour mixture. Using a fork, bring all ingredients together very quickly. It will still appear wet, which is what makes these scones more muffin-like.
- Turn onto a well floured surface in a lump and flip over once to coat both sides in flour. Cut dough in half.
- Lay first half out on floured surface and gently form in a rectangle. Sprinkle with 1/4 bag of chips. Fold in half, and sprinkle with another 1/4 bag of chips. Fold over again, then stretch dough slightly into a rectangle. Cut in 8 pieces.
- Repeat with other half of dough (you can always put berries or some such other filling if you want)
- Brush each top with melted butter, sprinkle decorative sugar (I like the coarse ones) and bake for 20 min at 425 F.
The Cookrdh14 Niles, IL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!