Turkey Mac and CheeseFrom askorb 8 years ago
- 2 Boxes of Kraft mac and cheese. (plus the ingredient on the box, I had double the ingredients since I am using 2 boxes) shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion shopping list
- 1 yellow pepper shopping list
- 1lb ground turkey shopping list
- 1tbs olive oil shopping list
- garlic salt to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- Handful or 2 of parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Chop the onion, Dice the yellow pepper. add a little olive oil to a pan on med-hi heat.
- Sweat(i think thats the term? I'm a cooking newb remember!) the onion and peppers until the onion is transparent.
- -Remove from pan add a plate.
- Add 1lb ground turkey, start boiling water for the macaroni.
- Once the ground Turkey is browned I drain any juices then add the onion/pepper mix. I cook this a little longer.
- -Add garlic salt (powder would work as well)
- -Add Pepper (both these ingredients are your preference)
- Once the water is boiling the turkey is about done. I cook the macaroni noodle and lower the heat on the meat to low or simmer.
- Once macaroni is cooked drain it. add it back to the same pot you cooked it in. add the meat. to this pot as well.
- Stir in the cheese powder milk, butter. once these are mixed well I add the 2 handfuls of Parmesan cheese, give that a mix as well.
- This is not the most healthy meal ever. But it is tasty. My niece(5) loves it. as do my roommates! Enjoy :)