Chocolate Buttermilk CupcakesFrom kristen 10 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs, room temp shopping list
- 6 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed of your mixer, cream butter until smooth. Add sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate, mixing until well incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the buttermilk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure ingredients are well blended and the batter is smooth. Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 fulls.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes until the tester toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the tins for 15 minutes before removing them from the tins and cool completely on cooling racks before frosting.