5 Hour Homemade Vegie Beef SoupFrom susana 7 years ago
- medium chuck roast shopping list
- 6 carrots, diced shopping list
- 6 stalks celery, destringed and diced shopping list
- 6 onions, diced shopping list
- 1 cabbage chopped shopping list
- 2 turnips, chopped shopping list
- 2-pkgs mixed frozen vegies of your choice shopping list
- 2-cans diced tomatoes shopping list
- 12 beef bouillon cubes shopping list
- 2-tbspn Accent shopping list
- 2-tbspn sugar shopping list
- 5 potatoes, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Use large stock pot if you have one
- Beginning hour-par boil roast in enough water to cover it.
- 2 1/2 Hours later-Remove roast and hcop up into bite sized pieces; add back to water and also add carrots, celery, and onions.
- Add enough water to leave cooking room so that soup will have some broth
- Add 6 beef bouillon cubes.
- 45 minutes later-Taste broth and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add turnips potatoes frozen vegies, tomatoes and additional water if needed and other 6 beef bouilon cubes.
- 30 minutes later-Taste broth and potatoes and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Add Accent and sugar and cook for 45 minutes more.
- (Note: I usually cook some pasta separately and when seving put some inthe bowl first and them ladel the soup over it.)