Cherry Marinated Cornish HensFrom midgelet 5 years ago
How to make it
- Drain the syrup from the cherries ..
- Reserve cherries..
- Place cherry syrup in a plastic ziplock bag with the 2 Cornish hens.
- Seal and marinade hens ( turn bag occasionally to distribute syrup ) overnight in the refrigerator.
- Bring hens to room temperature 1 hour before roasting.
- Drain and pour syrup into the bottom of a roasting pan and place hens on a roast rack over the pan.
- Place some cherries in the cavity of the hens, reserve the others for
- garnish .
- Season hens to taste and rub or brush all over with honey.
- Roast hens 375F for about 1 hour or done.
- Carefully remove hens to platter.
- Spoon the pan syrup and drippings over the hens
- and garnish with the reserved cherries and fresh chopped parsley.