Topsy Turvy Apple Pecan PieFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1 double crust pie pastry shopping list
- 1/4 cup softened butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecan halves shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 6 cups sliced pie apples shopping list
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbs. flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp each nutmeg and cinnamon shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
How to make it
- Spread butter or margarine evenly in the bottom of a 9 inch metal pie pan.
- Press nut halves onto the butter or margarine.
- Press brown sugar over the nuts.
- Place pie pastry over this, overlapping to 1/2 inch. Combine filling ingredients and place evenly ( do not mound ) into crust. A
- dd top pie pastry and fold over bottom pastry folding edges together to keep flush with rim of pan.
- Flute or crimp edges tightly together.. Prick top of the pie with fork deeply in several places..
- Bake in middle oven rack 450F for 10 minutes and then lower heat to 350F and bake 35 to 45 minutes longer or until apples are tested tender.
- Remove pie from oven.
- Cool 15 minutes,then place a serving plate over pie and carefully invert.
- Carefully remove ( lift off ) pie pan from pie.
- Serve pie hot, warm or at room temperature.Garnish with some whipped cream
- Note: you may want to place pie on a drip pan or piece of foil under the pie in case some syrup bubbles out from the pie during baking
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Oh my! What a winnerjett2whit in Union City loved it