Lemon-Basil Turkey BreastFrom bluewaterandsand 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 Tblesp. grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1 boneless turkey breast ( about 1 to 2 lbs.) shopping list
- 2 large lemons,sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped ( about 1 cup) shopping list
- 3/4 cup celery, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 325F.
- In a small bowl, combine basil, garlic and lemon peel.Mix well.
- Starting from short edge, gently loosen skin of turkey breast with fingertips, taking care not to tear the skin.
- Spread basil mixture under skin.
- Arrange lemon slices on top of basil mixture.
- In a large roasting pan,combine vegetables, broth and water.. Set a roasting rack over vegetables.
- Place turkey on rack, roast until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast registers 170 degrees, or cook about 1 hour.
- Baste frequently with pan juices..
- Place turkey on carving board.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Carve and remove skin to serve.
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!