Curried Spinach DipFrom dee 8 years ago
- 1 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry shopping list
- 3/4 cup nonfat sour cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Stir curry and cumin in small dry skillet over medium-low heat just until fragrant, about 45 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine chopped spinach, nonfat sour cream, nonfat yogurt and minced garlic in processor.
- Blend until spinach is pureed.
- Add curry mixture and hot sauce and process until blended.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl.
- (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)