Turkey a la kingFrom capedread 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 green pepper, minced shopping list
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups diced, cooked turkey shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream or cream substitute shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 4 teaspoons sherry shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter, add green pepper and mushrooms and sauté until tender. Lift out.
- Add flour to margarine,
- add stock and cook until thickened.
- Add turkey, cooked pepper and mushrooms and heat thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and add cream mixed with beaten egg yolks and remaining ingredients.
- Serve at once over rice
- place over hot, not boiling water to keep warm. Do not boil after adding egg yolks.
The Cookcapedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
The Rating1 people
Mmmm, I make chicken/turkey/salmon ala king all the time but I never thought of putting sherry in it and I LOVE sherry in recipes!! Thx for the idea!auntybea in Vernon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!